Saturday, April 19, 2008

Off The Wall

Every once in a while, I hear about one of those phone calls that goes something like this:

"Hello, Joe? Hi, it's me, Jim. You remember...from high school? Well I just wanted to call because I'm feeling really bad about that mean trick I played on you at the tailgate party senior year. That was really dumb of me, and even though it's been fifteen years I can't stop thinking about what an jerk I was. I hope you'll accept my apology."

But these days, the mea culpa doesn't even need to come by way of telephone. Consider this recent Facebook wall post from one high school friend to another:


Now, when I saw this in my news feed the other day I naturally wondered what my friend could have possibly done to her that was so bad before homecoming in '93. After all, we went to the same school and I hadn't remembered hearing about any earth-shaking drama surrounding that particular dance.

The answer came a couple days later:



It's good to see that Facebook can not only reunite friends from the past, but also atone for the sins of youth--and publicly at that!

No comments: