Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Divide

YouAreYou is only a few years older than me, but he technically falls under Generation X while I technically fall under the Gen-Y age bracket. While there is much teasing along these lines, occasionally the divide does indeed become evident, as the following example demonstrates:

YouAreYou is currently working on the interior design of his new office. He drew a floor plan of the space dimensions on graph paper. (As an aside, the software for that purpose that I found online didn't seem to capture his interest.) He scanned the floor plan and sent me a PDF copy to look at.

A few days later he said, "I'll make a bunch of photocopies so we can sketch out ideas." I looked at him quizzically and with perfect Gen-Y innocence asked, "Why don't you just print the PDF?"

No comments: