Thursday, March 6, 2008

Landscapes

 

When I was at my childhood home this winter, my father encouraged me to take a book about cameras home with me. The book is from the 1970s and explains f-stops, aperture values, etc. I resisted at first, insisting I could find all that information online, but to please him I took it with me. I finally cracked it open and found it very accessible. The other day I told this story to YouAreYou, inviting him to sample the old book smell.

"You can't get that on the internet!" He teased. I had to agree.

***************************

Driving along the Pacific Coast Highway this week, I admired the terrain of the land.
"It looks like a topographical map," I said. YouAreYou glanced at me sideways.
"That's very Gen-X of you," he commented, meaning not techospeak, Gen-Y.
"Sorry!" I said. "I meant, 'It looks like Google Terrain View.'" We laughed.

But still - you just can't get that on the internet.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: