Saturday, December 22, 2007

Shutter

Having been out of the Bay Area for a few days, a certain unnamed friend of mind was sending me emails via his iPhone that included photos of his location. Knowing his opinions on over-twittering, I couldn't help but tease him a bit about the frequency at which I was receiving these photo updates. This got me wondering whether there was a service for that, a Twitter for photos (I wanted it to be called "Shutter").

After a minimal amount of googling I found a blog entry by this blogger Fred Wilson on how to enable your Twitter account to sync with Flickr ("Twittr?"). I haven't tried it out; my phone doesn't have a camera (hard to believe, I know) and it seems a bit silly in the regular camera context.

You can sign up for this experimental service here. It looks to me like you post a twitter that includes a link to a photo in your Flickr stream (here's Wilson's Twitter page to see an example). I wish it was more integrated - it would be cooler to have the photo appear in your Twitter stream.

Of course, you could always take a photo on your cell and email it to your friends instead.

No comments: